Letting Your property With Rumsey of Sandbanks
There's been a Rumsey office in Sandbanks since the parade of shops was built by a Rumsey company more than 70 years ago and we've been offering holiday rentals for 40+ years. Sandbanks has gone through a complete transformation this century and so has our business changing from a simple holiday agency to offering a complete marketing and management solution for owners who are often remote and very busy people.
We are focused completely on the peninsula and nearby areas from Whitecliff to Alum Chine and can offer a personal service tailored to every owner's exact needs through our local experienced staff and a network of tried and trusted trades.
Is Holiday Letting Right For You?
There are many reasons to consider holiday letting and even if the income is not essential to you there's a range of both financial and practical benefits to consider. Ultimately motivation may vary but the basic principle of taking care of your loved holiday home so we have happy owners and happy guests will not change.
These are subject to certain criteria and personal circumstances. Fill in your email below to receive our guide to furnished holiday let taxation produced in conjunction with tax experts at Francis Clark.
- No Council Tax - Holiday lets are subject to business rates and for one property per owner there is 100% small business rate relief so you pay nothing.
- Big Reduction in Capital Gains Tax - Entrepreneur's relief applies upon the sale of a holiday let reducing the rate from normally 28% to 10%. This may apply to the entire gain even if you have owned the property for some time and not let it previously.
- Tax Relief on Expenses - Everything you spend on your holiday home qualifies for 100% tax relief against holiday let income.
- Capital Allowances & Tax Free Income - The furnishings and fittings in your holiday home can be written down on the first day you start letting regardless of when you bought them or if they came with the property. This means you may get a substantial period of tax free income regardless of the tax rate at which you are liable.
- Full Mortgage Interest Relief - The reduction in tax relief on mortgage interest payments being implemented does not apply to holiday lets so you are able to offset 100% of interest payments against income.
- Personal Use - Book as many weeks as you like for yourself, family & friends.
- Services For You and Your Guests - Although we don't get paid for free bookings everybody receives the same service including 24 callout, help & advice.
- Cleaning, Linen & Changeovers - Full service provided at cost for holiday customers, you and your guests.
- Maintenance & Security - We will organise ongoing repairs and regular maintenance like gardening and window cleaning either using your preferred suppliers or the many tradesmen we deal with.
- No Surcharges - Whether we use your suppliers or ours it's a principle of the business that we only make money when you make money through rentals. All purchases and trades bills are passed on at cost.
- Peace of Mind & Convenience - Perhaps the greatest benefit of all, you can arrive at your holiday home confident that everything will be prepared for you and you can return home having enjoyed your break leaving us to take care of cleaning, linen and anything else.
Fill in the form below to receive a copy of our guide to holiday let taxation and any other information you request or call Simon Tolson directly on 07817 483382 to discuss your individual needs.