Terms & Conditions
RUMSEY HOLIDAY HOMES LTD TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR THE LET OF SELF CATERING FULLY FURNISHED HOLIDAY ACCOMMODATION
There are currently no restrictions on visiting our accommodation.
If the rules change you can reschedule or choose a refund If:
We are closed so can't provide the accommodation.
If the rules relating to the address on the booking mean you are unable to travel.
If the rules change so that your party size/household mix is no longer allowed.
If we are open but you are unable to travel for reasons that relate to you personally such as a positive covid test then our normal cancellation terms will apply.
Our aim is to be as fair as possible to both guests and ownersand any response to future rule changes will be on that basis.
Balance due date has been reduced from 60 to 30 days before the holiday and this will remain for the foreseeable future.
Please read these terms carefully before you make a booking. These terms tell you who you are contracting with, how services will be provided to you, how you or we may change or end the letting and other important information.
Please find below a summary of the main conditions and responsibilities under these terms. The summary is provided for your information only and is not a substitute for reading all of these terms. Please make sure that you read this entire document carefully.
- The letting is for short holidays only and there are no other rights to occupy. Your holiday is not an assured tenancy.
- If the accommodation becomes unavailable for any reason we will offer alternatives or return your money.
- We and the Owner reserve the right to refuse any bookings or revoke bookings in some circumstances.
- You must look after the accommodation by keeping and vacating it in clean condition and take steps to keep the accommodation safe and secure.
- You are responsible for damage and breakages.
- Smoking is forbidden in all accommodation and communal areas.
- No pets are allowed unless stated otherwise in the description.
- No parties, celebration events or other social activities involving visitors not staying at the accommodation are allowed without prior permission.
- Furniture is not to be moved and items cannot taken out from the accommodation.
- You will not make or allow any noise in the accommodation or communal areas that disturbs neighbours.
The person who completes the booking with us (the “lead name”) confirms that they are 18 years of age and will occupy the accommodation during the holiday let. The lead name agrees to take responsibility for their and all members of their party’s compliance with these terms and conditions.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
We are Rumsey Holiday Homes Ltd (we, us, our) a company registered in England and Wales with company number 02597497 and our registered office is 2 Banks Road, Sandbanks, Poole, England, BH13 7QD.
You can contact us on (0)1202 707357 or by emailing
OUR CONTRACT WITH YOU
We are the agent for the Owner of the letting accommodation (“Owner”) and so we act on their behalf.
Your contract for the holiday letting is between you and the Owner and is made subject to these terms. Details of the Owner are available upon request.
A binding contract exists between you and the Owner only when confirmation of the booking has been sent to you by us. Please check your booking confirmation immediately on receipt for accuracy as we send the money to the Owner soon after.
The booking and accommodation is for personal and domestic purposes only and not commercial or business purposes.
If we cannot accept your booking we will explain the reasons why. It might be due to a reason outside our control or because there is an error in the price, availability or description of the accommodation.
If you wish to change your booking please let us know and we will advise whether it is possible to make your requested changes. Please note that it may not be possible to make your changes. If any changes result in a change of price or anything else which may affect your stay we will let you know so you can decide whether you wish to proceed.
Please note that reservations taken via our website are not confirmed bookings until we have received all payments due and sent a confirmation email.
Your booking is made on the understanding that the accommodation and its facilities as published will be available for the dates stated. In the unlikely event that accommodation is not available due to events outside our or the Owner’s control, then we or the Owner may have to cancel the booking. You will be advised as early as possible. We will do our best to find you suitable alternative accommodation which if not acceptable will entitle you to a refund of all monies due. You will not as a result have any further claims against us or the Owner.
In the unlikely event of withdrawal of the accommodation by the Owner for whatever reason the booking will be cancelled and we will notify you in writing as soon as reasonably practicable. We will do our very best to offer alternative accommodation. If this is not possible you shall be entitled to a full refund of the letting sums paid in advance only.
We and the Owner reserve the right to refuse or revoke any bookings from parties that may in their opinion and at their sole discretion be unsuitable for the accommodation concerned.
Your holiday is made on the basis that the accommodation is to be occupied by you and your party for a holiday as mentioned in the Housing Act 1988 Schedule 1 paragraph 9. You and your party acknowledge that the holiday let under this agreement is not an assured tenancy and that no statutory periodic tenancy will arise on the determination of the term.
BROCHURE AND WEBSITE INFORMATION AND DESCRIPTION
Every effort is made to ensure that the information contained in printed material and on the website is accurate however neither we nor the Owner accept any liability for inaccuracies.
PAYMENT OF DEPOSIT
With each reservation a deposit of 35% plus the service fee (as detailed on our website) is required.
On receipt of your payment you will receive a confirmation e-mail.
All reservations are reviewed and if we are unable to reserve accommodation for you, any monies paid to us from you will be returned to you.
PAYMENT OF BALANCE AND KEY ARRANGEMENTS
The balance of your holiday stay is due not later than 30 days before the commencement of the holiday period.
If your holiday is less than 30 days away at the time of booking full payment is required at the time of booking, in addition to the booking fee and any refundable security bond as detailed in clause 10 (where required and as specified on our website).
Upon receipt of all balances due we will get in touch with you to let you know how and when you can collect the keys to the accommodation.
NON-RECEIPT OF BALANCE BY DUE DATE
If we do not receive the balance of all monies due and the security bond by the due date, we may have to cancel your booking.
We will do our best to re-let the accommodation and if the accommodation is re-let we will refund you any monies paid by you less any difference in price between your booking and the new booking if the new booking is cheaper than your original booking.
If we are unable to re-let the accommodation you will still have to pay for your holiday and the balance is still due to us by way of compensation.
If you pay the sums due before the accommodation is re-let you will be entitled to occupy the accommodation.
It is your and your party’s responsibility to ensure that:
- You do not arrive before 3.00pm on the arrival date.
- On the day of departure you must all leave no later than 10.00am and return the keys to us in accordance with our instructions..
- You must ensure that all waste is removed from the accommodation. This includes food, drink, packaging and the emptying of indoor waste bins. The correct local authority bins for food disposal, general waste and recycling must be used and it is your responsibility to familiarise yourself with and follow all local recycling procedures when removing waste from the accommodation.
- You must not flush disposable nappies or other sanitary products down the toilet. These products must be wrapped in appropriate sanitary bags and disposed of responsibly in the waste bins.
- There is no smoking in any accommodation. In the case of apartments, this applies to communal areas such as entrance halls and stairways.
- No pets may enter the accommodation unless permitted in the accommodation description. Pets must not be allowed on the furniture or in bedrooms. Pets should not be left unattended in the properties at any time and dog soils in the grounds should be cleaned up and disposed of in the appropriate bin.
- You must act diligently to ensure the holiday accommodation is kept safe and secure by ensuring all windows and doors are properly locked using the keys provided when going out. You are responsible for the keys and a reasonable charge for their replacement will be made if they are lost.
- Under no circumstances may more than the maximum number of persons as stated in the description or website occupy the accommodation. Owners reserve the right to refuse admittance if this condition is not observed.
- All appliances such as kettles, toasters, irons and wall fires etc. and lights are turned off when going out or not in use for safety and energy conservation reasons.
- No naked flames such as matches or candles are to be used within the accommodation.
- You agree to keep noise at a reasonable level where neighbours are not disturbed. In the case of apartments this includes making any noise in communal areas.
- Children must not be allowed to play unsupervised in communal areas.
- Protective waterproof covering must be brought by you and used on beds where bed wetting is possible. It will be your responsibility to ensure the complete protection of beds and any soiling of beds no matter to what degree must be reported immediately to us. Please note that you may have to pay for any damaged mattresses caused by bed wetting or soiling.
- You are not permitted to move furniture or equipment without our or the Owner’s prior consent. If we or the Owner do agree to the moving of any furniture or equipment it is your responsibility to return the same to the original position before departure.
- Equipment must not be removed for use away from the premises. This includes crockery and cutlery.
- You will not use the accommodation for any illegal or immoral purpose.
- You will leave the accommodation in a clean and tidy condition at the end of your holiday letting.
If you breach any of your responsibilities we reserve the right to charge you for reasonable costs incurred as a result of your breach for example the cost of additional cleaning.
You are responsible for any damages or breakages that occur during your stay. We reserve the right to charge you for such damages or breakages as well as any additional cleaning or accommodation costs.
Such incidents must be reported to us as soon as possible and the required compensation paid before departure or deducted from your security bond (see below). The cost of any breakages not reported will be invoiced to you for payment within 7 days.
REFUNDABLE SECURITY BOND/WAIVER
It's a requirement when booking one of our properties that you pay either a security deposit or take advantage of our security deposit waiver scheme.
The security deposit is due with the balance of your holiday payment (or full payment if booking within 2 months of arrival). We hold this and may apply it against the reasonable costs of repair or replacement of anything that's damaged or missing from the property or for additional cleaning of linen, towels, kitchen equipment beyond normal wear & tear. The balance of the security deposit will be returned within 14 days of departure, if costs exceed the security deposit you are required to pay the excess within 14 days of being notified.
When you choose to pay the security deposit waiver the security deposit is not payable. This is a non-refundable payment by you to Rumsey Holiday Homes in lieu of a security deposit and covers the cost of any non malicious damage that would have been due up to the value of the security deposit. If costs exceed the security deposit value you are required to pay the excess in the same way.
We've introduced this after listening to our guests, the vast majority of which treat our properties with great respect. If you pay the waiver you don't need to worry about the kids breaking something or accidentally spilling a glass of wine on the carpet, you can let us know without worrying and we'll take care of it. As long as you haven't behaved badly you won't be charged.
ACCESS TO ACCOMMODATION FOR ESSENTIAL REPAIRS OR MAINTENANCE
We and the Owner reserve the right to enter the premises to allow access for traders such as electricians, plumbers and general repairers where important maintenance or repairs are required. We will supervise any trader’s attendance on request. Every effort will be made to minimise any inconvenience to you.
Please note that not all properties have broadband. Please check the description online before booking. We understand how important internet access is nowadays and if there is a problem with the broadband connection we will do everything possible to restore it.
The provision of broadband is not something which is necessarily under our control. FAILURE TO PROVIDE BROADBAND SUPPLY IS NOT GROUNDS FOR ANY REFUND, CANCELLATION OR MOVING ACCOMMODATION.
YOUR RIGHTS TO END THE CONTRACT
You may contact us at any time to end the contract, but in some circumstances we may charge you certain sums for doing so, as described below.
If you are ending the contract for a reason set out at (a) to (d) below the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any services which have not been provided or have not been properly provided. The relevant reasons are:
(a) we have told you about an upcoming change to the booking or these terms which you do not agree to;
(b) we have told you about an error in the price or description of the services you have booked and you do not wish to proceed;
(c) there is a serious risk that the services may be significantly affected because of events outside our control;
(d) you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong.
If you are not ending the contract for one of the reasons set out above, we will do our best to re-let the accommodation and if the accommodation is re-let we will refund you any monies paid by you less any difference in price between your booking and the new booking if the new booking is cheaper than your original booking.
If we are unable to re-let the accommodation you will still have to pay for your holiday and any unpaid balance is still due to us by way of compensation.
Rumsey Holiday Homes have a cancellation protection fund which we use at our absolute discretion to provide refunds to guests who have to cancel for genuine reasons such as sickness, injury or bereavement. Please mention when cancelling if you wish to make a claim from this fund which applies to full price bookings made directly with us.
OUR RIGHTS TO END THE CONTRACT
We may end the contract if you break it. We may end the contract at any time by writing to you if:
(a) you do not make any payment to us when it is due and you still do not make payment within 7 days of us reminding you that payment is due;
(b) you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the services, for example, full details of the individuals in your party;
(c) you commit a breach of clause 9;
(d) you commit a serious breach of this agreement.
You must vacate the accommodation immediately if you break the contract. If we end the contract in the situations set out above you will not be entitled to be refunded any money you have paid to us and we may be able to charge you anything up to the full price plus any reasonable costs and losses we incur as a result.
PRICE AND PAYMENT
The price of the booking will be set out in your booking confirmation. We take reasonable care to ensure that the prices advised to you are correct. In the event of a pricing error we reserve the right to cancel the booking. Before we do so, we will contact you to discuss whether you would like to continue your booking at the correct price.
You must make an initial payment (Deposit) as detailed on your booking confirmation. You must pay the remaining balance of the price no less than 8 weeks before the first day of your stay under the booking. If you are making your booking within 8 weeks of the first day of your stay then the entire price is payable at the time of booking.
We accept payment by debit or credit card or by bank transfer (please contact us for details).
We can charge interest if you pay late. If you do not make any payment to us by the due date we may charge interest to you on the overdue amount at the rate of 5% a year above the base lending rate of Barclays Bank Plc from time to time. This interest shall accrue on a daily basis from the due date until the date of actual payment of the overdue amount, whether before or after judgement.
If you think an invoice is wrong please contact us promptly to let us know and we will not charge you interest until we have resolved the issue.
OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the services for domestic and private use. If you use the services for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunit